When you're out on the slopes, you want lightweight gear that doesn't hinder your movement but still provides the ultimate warmth. You also want to avoid excessive bulk in your jacket and other apparel, which means you need options that will keep you warm while still looking good.
Purchasing a good jacket, pants, socks and base layer is essential to keeping yourself warm, fast and fashionable. That's why at Buckman's Ski Shops, we provide several high-performance options you can either wear alone, as an insulating layer or under a shell for extra protection against the elements and low temperatures.
When you're looking for the right ski jacket, a down winter jacket is a great choice. These jackets will keep you warm, but not hot, and allow you to move freely. We offer a number of different brands that come in different colors and styles. Browse through our selection of men's down and synthetic down winter jackets to find the perfect one for you.
Benefits of Down Jackets
You've probably heard of down before, but do you know exactly what it is? Down is the fluffy, light under-feathers of geese and ducks. These feathers go underneath the outer waterproof feathers to keep the birds warm when they're flying high and swimming in chilly water. Down is used in outerwear and for other purposes, too, like bedding.
You can find down and synthetic down winter jackets at Buckman's Ski and Snowboard Shops. Our true down jackets have real feathers responsibly harvested from geese or ducks, while our synthetic down jackets use replicated feathers that do not actually come from birds.
There are many advantages to using a down or synthetic down winter jacket when you're skiing or snowboarding:
- Warmth: The biggest plus of a down jacket, of course, is that it'll keep you warm. The feathers in a down or synthetic down ski jacket create little air pockets that retain heat, keeping the wearer very warm. Between your blood pumping while you're outdoors and your coat, you'll never be cold on the mountain again.
- Waterproofness: Most down and synthetic down jackets contain a waterproof, or water-resistant, outer shell. This is necessary when you're out on a snow-covered mountain. Down can take a long time to dry off, so make sure you hang it up if you're going out more than one day.
- Weight: With a feather interior, you'll have a light jacket. Synthetic down is a little heavier than down, so try on both types to see which one you prefer.
Why Shop at Buckman's?
Buckman's Ski and Snowboard Shops is your local, family-owned ski shop. We've been in business for more than 45 years, giving us the experience to help you find exactly what you need, every time. Even when you're shopping online. We have a wide selection of the highest-quality products, ensuring you'll have a great time out on the slopes.
Besides our highest-quality products and our exceptional team, there are other benefits to shopping with us:
- Free shipping on most orders of $50 or more
- Seven convenient locations across suburban Philadelphia
- Guaranteed price match if you find a lower price on the same item somewhere else
- We love skiing and being outdoors in the winter as much as you do. Let Buckman's Ski and Snowboard Shops help you find the perfect equipment for your next trip.